SKUA Nature Group and Fundacion Naturaleza y Hombre inaugurate in Spain the WILDLIFE & PHOTO CENTER, the first visitor center of the INNATE Network; a Center entirely dedicated to nature tourism and photography.
In the very wild and stunning Monfragüe National Park it’s now open a point of reference for nature photographers, birders and nature lovers where they can find useful and interesting information on how to observe and photograph target animal species!
The Inauguration took place during the famous spanish Birdfair FIO Extremadura that every year attracts thousands of nature lovers and professionals of this field. The fair is told to be the second most important nature tourism fair in Europe, after the english BirdFair in Rutland!
At the ribbon cutting ceremony attended: Massimiliano Biasioli (SKUA managing director), Patricia Neto (spokesperson of the spanish Foundation) Ángel Rodríguez (Monfragüe NP Director) y Pedro Muñoz (General Director of the Environment Department of Extremadura).
The WILDLIFE & PHOTO CENTER is open all year round! Come to visit us!
Would you like to know more about what you will find in the Center?
Some links about the inauguration:
An overview of the Center
- an EXPERT NATURE GUIDE at your disposal that will give you interesting information, satisfy your curiosities, organize guided excursions and photographic hides bookings – our guide will help you organize at best your holiday in Spain;
- a LIBRARY ROOM where to relax and read books of our equipped nature library;
- a one of a kind VIDEO ROOM built as a photographic hide;
- useful information, specific MAPS and brochures for free;
- an equipped WILDLIFE & PHOTO SHOP with nature and photographic products (books, photographic accessories, gadget, art, etc.);
- a PHOTOGRAPHIC HIDE FOR FREE in the outside (a drinking hide);… and more is waiting you at the WILDLIFE & PHOTO CENTER!!
The Center is open
- every day from march till september (from 9.30am to 7pm)
- from october till february (from 10am to 5pm) – monday closed.
First Center of the INNATE Network
The WILDLIFE & PHOTO CENTER in Monfragüe represents the first visitor center included in the INNATE Network (International Nature Estates Network), a world entirely dedicated to nature photographers and nature lovers. The project, on a global scale, aims to prove that with the right technical skills, business vision, deep knowledge and passion for the nature field and a special team it’s possible to create, develop and restore natural areas for nature tourism, able to sustain themselves, to produce positive economic impact in the local territories and to support concrete and efficient conservation actions.
New office for the “Club de Fincas” LIFE project
At the ribbon cutting ceremony we have also inaugurate the opening of the new regional office (inside the Center) of the Club de Fincas LIFE+ project for the conservation of the western areas of Spain, called Oeste Iberico. From here all the actions of the project will be coordinated. The project is run by Fundacion Naturaleza y Hombre and supported by the European Commission. It’s main aim is to improve conservation, demography and dimension of the main habitat and species of this interregional area of western iberia.