Isabella Perlin, a thesis student of the University of Udine, in these months is living at Ultima Frontiera to study jackals for her thesis.
Ultima Frontiera estate is one of the very few places in the world where it’s possible to have close encounters with golden jackals in the wild, observe their behaviour and find feaces and hair samples for analysis.
Aims of the research are:
- evaluate the number of golden jackals using the jackal howling technique;
- evaluate their occupation of the dens using cameratraps;
- evaluate their parenthood behaviour using cameratraps;
- evaluate the cortisol level analysing samples of hair/fur;
- evaluate the diet of jackals, foxes and otters analysing faeces samples;
We are looking forward to see the results of this interesting and useful thesis!!
RUNNING THESIS, REASERCHES, STAGES in the wild heart of the DANUBE DELTA
Ultima Frontiera, the stunning estate that we manage in the wild Danube Delta, is a perfect place where to run degree thesis, phd thesis, stages, training periods, monitoring and research studies, and so on.
An equipped biological station where to stay, a 1000 hectares wild land with several different habitats inside, vehicles, guides, and the presence of countless animal species to study 🙂
We already have agreements with the University of Pavia and the University of Udine, and more can be done, also with foreign countries.
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ultima Frontiera estate: http://www.innatenetwork.com/ewExternalFiles/SKUA_NETWORK_PART2_ultimafrontiera.pdf